Monday 23 May 2011

Fussy Fabrics

I never thought that finding the fabric for my course next weekend would be so stressful!  I don't have a decent fabric shop close by so most of my time this week has been spent on the internet trawling fabric websites for inspirtaion. I found Sharons Antquies particulatly helpful (although American) as it has lots of fabrics organised by decade and allowed me to get a feeling for the types of print.

I'd already decided that I wanted a fairly lightweight fabric as this dress would be for summer and I also wanted a summery colour with a floral print.  I love the vintage fabrics from Donna Flower but I'm too chicken just now aboutt messing up on my first project so figure that a cheap fabric would be best until I get a little more confident in what I'm doing.

Now such is the way on the internet I then also came across this gorgous paisley print fabric at The Vintage Fabric Market it got me hunting all over again.

So not only do I need to decide on a print but also the type of fabric.  This is not good for someone that hates making decisions.  I've just not quite seen that fabric that says "buy me" maybe I never will or at least I wont while I have to rely on the internet.  I'm abit of a fondler and like to touch clothing and fabrics before I buy them but I guess I'm just going to have to get over this if I want to get a half decent print.

I think for now I'll have to settle for what ever I can find locally that is cheap at least then I won't feel guility if I mess this project up next weekend ...

No comments:

Post a Comment